JOINT DAR-MAFAR TWG SUCCESSFULLY HOLDS 2ND CONSULTATIVE MEETING
The second consultative meeting of the Joint DAR-MAFAR Technical Working Group (TWG) was held at the Avior Hotel in General Santos City on October 16-18, 2019.
Attended by key officials of the DAR and members of the MAFAR TWG and its counterparts, the meeting was an offshoot of the September 19, 2019 First Coordinating Committee Consultation and was conducted pursuant to the mutual commitment to a collaborative approach between DAR and MAFAR.
It aimed at finalizing and settling the issues and concerns faced by MAFAR in implementing the agrarian reform program in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Strategies and recommendations were formulated by the joint DAR-MAFAR TWG to address the following issues:
1. Process of authentication and verification of titles in the Inter-Agency Committee (IAC);
2. Devolution of the Agrarian Reform Adjudicatory Board and the speedy resolution of cases related to agrarian justice delivery;
3. Acquisition of government-owned lands devoted to or suitable for agriculture but are no longer actually, directly and exclusively used for the purpose for
which they have been reserved;
4. The power to issue and cancel Certificate of Land Ownership Award (CLOA) and the authority to sign judicial forms;
5. Status of the 262 nationally-funded positions vis-a-vis the abolition of offices of the defunct ARMM.
Datu Musiban Solano, MAFAR-TWG Head, said the meeting became a good avenue to provide a better understanding and it enabled the group to arrive at better solutions. “We consider the DARCO officials as our mentors. We expect them to help us identify plans and strategies to resolve our problems and achieve our goals”, added Solano.
Meanwhile, Minister Mohammad S. Yacob, in his meeting with the MAFAR group, expressed his gratitude to the team for conveying what the ministry has been pushing for and for having convinced DARCO to adopt the proposed measures on the issues presented.
Resolutions and proposed mechanisms to the above-mentioned issues will be submitted by the TWG to the Joint Coordination Committee for deliberation and final decision.
The members also expressed interest to maintain, build, and promote a sustainable and comprehensive cooperative relations in the spirit of the commitments made by the DARCO and MAFAR-BARMM.